International Government of Flanders Master Mind Scholarships (Belgium) 2018 – 2019
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Master Mind Scholarship programme was launched in 2015 by the Government of Flanders. Up to 45 scholarships will be awarded for the 2018-2019 academic year, to exceptional international Master students from countries all around the world.
The goal of the programme is to promote the Flemish Higher Education.
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP
The mobility duration of the scholarship is a minimum of one (1) full academic year and a maximum of the full duration of the programme. The scholarship value will be awarded to a maximum of €7,500 per academic year (approximately 2,500,000 Nigerian Naira).
Scholarships will be awarded by the Flemish selection committee, in cooperation with the Flemish Department of Education and Training. Students will be notified of the outcome in June 2018 and mobility will commence in September 2018.
Please note: Students who achieve less than 45 ECTS in their first year of the programme will not be eligible for the scholarship in the second year.
FIELDS OF STUDY COVERED
Please ensure that you meet these minimum entry criteria before applying:
- Any nationality
- Completed a degree at a higher education institution outside of Flanders
- Achieved excellent academic results
- Passed all academic entry requirements (including language requirements) to enter into the Master programme via the Flemish host institution
- Applied to study towards a Master degree programme at a Flemish host institution (listed below)
- NOT yet enrolled in a Flemish higher education institution
Participating Flemish host institutions:
University Colleges (Nautical Sciences and Arts)
- Antwerp Maritime Academy:
Contact: Willem Bruyndonx
- Erasmus University College Brussels:
Contact: Annelore Schittecatte
- University College Ghent:
Contact: Inez Adriaensen
- Karel de Grote University College:
Contact: An Masschelin (study)
Contact: Charlotte Maeyens
- Artesis Plantijn University College Antwerp:
Contact: Annelies Verstraeten
- LUCA School of Arts:
Contact: Wim Aerts
- University of Antwerp:
Contact: International Relations Office
- Vrije Universiteit Brussel:
Contact: International Relations
- KU Leuven / University of Leuven:
Contact: Hilde Nijs
- Hasselt University:
Contact: Liesbeth Oeyen
- -Ghent University:
Contact: Charlotte Moulin
HOW TO APPLY
Apply for admission online at: http://www.studyinflanders.be/en/study-programmes/
(Your selected Flemish host institution will then apply for the scholarship on your behalf).
You will be required to submit copies of these documents with your application:
- Passport copy
- Passport photo
- Motivational letter (Maximum A4 2 pages)
- 2 x Recommendation letters (from professors at your Home Tertiary Institution)
- Official language test results
- Official Transcript of records (if written in a language other than English/ French/ Dutch, please include a certified translation)
- Diploma copies (if written in a language other than English/ French/ Dutch, please include a certified translation)
30 April 2018.
For any queries, please contact:
De Vlaamse Universiteiten en Hogescholen Raad (VLUHR)
OR contact your Flemish host institution (via the contact details listed above)