American (U.S.) Visa Appointment in Nigeria
This post discusses how to schedule a visa appointment with the U.S. Embassy in Abuja or the U.S. Consulate General in Lagos.
Before scheduling your appointment, there are certain steps you should have taken, such as choosing your visa type, paying for your visa, and completing your DS-160 visa application form. (Click here to read more about the preceding steps.)
To schedule a nonimmigrant visa appointment, you must have the following information and documents available:
- A passport valid for travel to the United States with a validity date at least six months beyond your intended period of stay in the United States (unless country-specific agreements provide exemptions). If more than one person is included in your passport, each person desiring a visa must submit an application.
- Your visa application fee payment receipt from GTBank
- Your DS-160 confirmation page
- Valid e-mail address and telephone number
- If applicable, required documents based on visa class (such as a copy of your petition approval for petition-based visas, I-20 for student visas, DS-2019 for exchange visitor visas, etc.; more information about visa types and information about each can be found here).
Provided you’ve completed your DS-160 form, you can schedule your interview within a few hours of paying your visa application fee at a GTBank branch.